Accidentally swallowed magnetic beads that caused 5 perforations in the small intestine, a child was saved by emergency surgery
A 3-year-old child accidentally ingested 17 magnetic beads, causing 5 perforations in the small intestine, which was life-threatening. Fortunately, they were taken out at the Department of Pediatric Surgery of Taihe Hospital under the assistance of laparoscopy. In addition, the intestinal adhesion release and intestinal perforation repair were performed as well. Since last year, Taihe Hospital has treated 4 children who accidentally swallowed magnetic beads.